- 6 bell peppers (can be any color)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice or quinoa
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sauce (recipe below) or two cans of Manwich bold
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1/2 TBSP Worcheshire sauce
- 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Mix above ingredients together and simmer for around 15 minutes.
Stuffed pepper recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sauce. Cook rice or quinoa.
- Cook turkey until light brown. Add sauce and rice/quinoa to turkey.
- Cut tops off of peppers and take the “guts” and seeds out.
- Fill each pepper with sauce/rice/meat mixture and place in a oven safe dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes, take out and place cheese on top, return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂