I love a homemade pizza! Seriously, nothing beats it! You can add whatever sauce and toppings you want and you know who is cooking your food and exactly what is in it! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I have! Have fun making memories, and enjoy your homemade pizza, Cayla 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (for yeast)
- 2 packets of yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar rice syrup or molasses
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 3/4 cup flour (can be all purpose, white wheat or whole wheat)
- cornmeal or flour (for kneading)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with the sugar, LET IT FOAM!! It may take around 30 minutes
- Mix yeast, olive oil, either molasses or syrup, and salt in a mixer with a bread hook.
- Gradually add flour while mixing (1/2 cup at a time until all the flour is added)
- Place dough in bowl with light layer of olive oil.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and sit in a warm place for an hour (it will double in size)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees and place your pizza stone in the oven to get it hot
- Spread cornmeal or flour on a surface and knead the dough into the cornmeal or flour. Knead until you create a non sticky ball of dough (keep adding cornmeal until it doesn’t stick to you anymore)
- Cut dough in half (it makes 2 regular pizzas) and form pizza crust on parchment paper (trim if needed so the paper is only about two inches from the dough once the dough is spread out). You can also make garlic or cheese bread by rolling out a loaf and adding garlic and cheese!
- Add your favorite toppings (I love my homemade garlic sauce *found here: http://www.mommycayla.com/homemade-white-garlic-pizza-sauce/ * on either a steak philly or shitake mushroom style pizza)
- CAREFULLY place pizza on hot stone. I use a pizza pan to slide my pizza onto the stone.
- Cook for around 8 minutes and remove from oven
- Let cool, cut and enjoy 🙂